Thursday, May 24, 2012

C25k : Day off

Tuesday

Today is going to be my off day from this training program.  My legs are so sore from not having done any sort of running for so long to jumping in with both feet.  When I got out of bed this morning, I almost fell over. :-) 

I haven't weighed myself yet to see what my starting weight in all of this is.  I have a pretty good idea of what I weigh, from having been to the doctor recently.  But since I'm not running tonight, I figure I should start on the eating better part of this.  

I have recently taken a liking to So Be Lifewater.  There is still sugar in it but not as much as pop has.  I have tried to quit pop before and it just hasn't worked out too well for me.  I could get myself down to one a day and then be able to go without for a few days and then for some reason I was right back to having 3 or 4 a day.  Terrible, I know.  Surprisingly, I went ALL day without a pop.  I might pay for it later, but it's a start.  Probably shouldn't quit that " cold turkey" but I didn't really have a want for it.  So, I drank 4 Lifewaters and had a pretty light lunch.  Pretty good start, I think.


I'm sure by tomorrow, my legs will feel a lot better before my run.  Even if they don't, I know I have to push through the pain or I won't stick to this.  I have felt pretty tired today but I am pretty sure that too is just my body adjusting to the extra activity.


So far so good.  We shall see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment